A love for the sport, advanced aquatic skills, teamwork, and the principles of good sportsmanship.
at Vienna Aquatic(172.0)
at Oakton Swim & Racquet(191.0)
at Lakevale Estates(211.0)
at Vienna Woods(251.0)
at Wakefield Chapel(260.0)
at Mount Vernon Park(231.0)
at Hunter Mill(294.0)
at Mosby Woods(152.0)
at Sully Station(163.0)
at Great Falls(160.5)
at Forest Hollow(142.0)
at Virginia Run(224.0)
at Fox Mill Woods(203.0)
at Poplar Tree(231.5)
at Holmes Run Acres(231.0)
at Dowden Terrace(249.0)
at Highland Park(185.0)
at High Point Pool(219.0)
at Villa Aquatic(241.0)
at Canterbury Woods(171.0)
at Fox Hunt(161.0)
at South Run(223.0)
at Kent Gardens(213.0)
at Brookfield Swim Club(165.0)
at Fox Mill Estates(262.0)
at Walden Glen(224.0)
at Laurel Hill(185.0)
at Kings Ridge Swim Club(220.0)
at Rolling Hills(190.0)
at Little Hunting Park(248.0)
at Burke Station(134.0)
at Newington Forest(194.0)
at Lake Braddock(229.0)
at Somerset-Olde Creek(225.0)
at Pleasant Valley(171.0)
at Bren Mar-Edsall Park(179.0)
at Pinewood Lake(198.0)
Aardvark Swim & Sport
Adventure Scuba Company
Affordable Lawn Sprinklers & Lighting
Alexandria Dive Club
All American Awards
American Pool: Pool Mgmt, Construction & Lifeguards
Arlington Aquatic Club
Bobby Broome Aquatics
Briar Creek Photography
Cassel’s Sports & Awards
CCI Screenprinting Inc.
Children's National Medical Center
Clark Swim Club
Classic Photography & Imaging
Community Pool Service, Inc.
Criterion Outdoor Furniture Repair & Sales
Custom Embroidery – SewJudiSew
Dominion Dive Club
Fort Belvoir Swim Team
High Sierra Pools
I Drive Smart, Inc/Driver's Ed Taught by Cops
The Jackson Clinics
Klima, Rodney J. DDS
Machine Aquatics, LLC
Machine Aquatics Swim School & SwimLabs
Mason Dive Academy
Mason MAKOS Swim Team
Memory Makers Photography
Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt
Metro Swim Shop
MJ Concepts Photography
Murals & More
My Swimming Album
Nadar por Vida
Nation’s Capital Swim Club
Notus Sports and Event Management
PoolPro Insurance from Russell Programs
Potomac Marlins Swim Team
Potomac Valley Swimming
Reston Shirt & Graphics
Rita's Italian Ice
Ron Hershner Tutoring
Scoops2U Ice Cream Distributors
Sea Devil Swimming
Shlesinger, Arkwright & Garvey, LLP
SuitUp Water Sports, LLC
The Swim Club Insurance Program
The Swimmer Calendar
SwimTopia Online Team Management
Sylvan Learning of Northern Virginia
York Swim Club
- Paul O'Hara of Hollin Meadows broke through the 23 second barrier, recording an incredible 22.98 in the 15-18 Boys 50 Meter Freestyle. This was the third time Paul broke the League record in the event this season, bettering the previous record of 23.25 which he set at Divisionals last week.
- Anthony Grimm of Fair Oaks reclaimed the NVSL record in the Boys 9-10 25 Meter Butterfly with a time of 14.67. Anthony had set the record in this event earlier this season on June 22 with a time of 15.02 only to have JJ Horsfield of McLean top it on July 13 with a time of 14.97.
Congratulations Paul and Anthony!
2013 Division Sportsmanship Recipients
Division 2 – Hamlet
Division 3 – Vienna Woods
Division 4 – Sully Station 2
Division 5 – Great Falls
Division 6 – Mantua
Division 7 – Greenbriar
Division 8 – Highland Park
Division 9 – Orange Hunt
Division 10 – Canterbury Woods
Division 11 – Arlington Forest
Division 12 – Camelot
Division 13 – Kings Ridge
Division 14 – Rolling Hills
Division 15 – Rolling Valley
Division 16 – Herndon
Division 17 – Springfield
- Paul O'Hara of Hollin Meadows swam a 23.25 in the 15-18 Boys 50 Meter Freestyle, bettering the mark of 23.31 he set earlier this summer. Paul's swim occured at Dominion Hills (Division 8).
- Cassidy Bayer of Mount Vernon Park recorded a 27.89 in the 13-14 Girls 50 Meter Butterfly, which improved upon the record of 28.34 set by Cassidy earlier this year. Cassidy's performance was undoubtedly aided by the intense competition she received from Fairfax's Anna Ober who recorded a 28.28 which also beat Cassidy's earlier record. Cassidy also improved the 13-14 Girls 100 Meter IM record with a time of 1:04.02, which was just better than Janet Hu's record of 1:04.19 set in 2010.Cassidy's swims occurred at Donaldson Run (Division 3).
- Brandon Fiala (Sully Station) cruised to a 57.12 in the 15-18 Boys 100 Meter IM, eclipsing the mark of 57.30 set by Highlands Swim's Chuck Katis in 2011.
- Janet Hu (Mosby Woods) blazed to a 25.67 in the 15-18 Girls 50 Meter Freestyle, bettering her previous record of 26.27 set in 2012 by over 1/2 a second. Janet also recorded a 1:02.10 in the 15-18 Girls 100 Meter IM, which crushed the old record 1:03.74 held by Ashley Danner (Cottontail) since 2007.
- Philip Hu (Mosby Woods) improved upon the 15-18 Boys 50 Meter Backstroke record of 25.81 set by Stephen Seliskar of McLean just last week by an incredible .96 seconds, recording a 24.85.
Brandon, Janet and Philip all achieved their records at the Division Divisionals held at Cardinal Hill.
These records are all official and are being posted with the other NVSL records on this website.
The NVSL wishes to thank Lincolnia Park for hosting our 50th annual relay event. A special thanks to Gina Barry for managing the meet for Lincolnia Park and to the many volunteers. Thanks also to Chesterbrook for loaning its lane lines for use at the meet.
And a special thanks to our many volunteer officials who worked the meet.
Next year's All-Star Relay Carnival will be held at Hunt Valley.
- The McLean 8 & Under Girls 100 Meter Freestyle Relay of Victoria Valko, Anna Laszlo, Lillie Paris and Olivia Tennant swam a 1:09.37, destroying the previous record of 1:11.67 set by Shouse Village in 2009.
- The Overlee 8 & Under Girls 100 Meter Medley team of Elysha York, Lauren Hartel, Audrey Hartel and Ashley Park recorded a 1:22.39, which improved upon the record of 1:22.52 they set at their Divisional Relay Carnival on July 10. It should be noted that in breaking this record the Overlee girls had to hold off a fierce challenge from the Highlands Swim team of Courtney Watts, Maeve Obrist, Aminata Davis and Bridget O'Shaughnessy who also beat the old record with a time of 1:22.40, just one one-hundreth of a second behind Overlee.
- Tuckahoe's 8 & Under Boys 100 Meter Medlay Relay of Isaac Bell, James David, Emanuel Rouvelas and James Ewing bettered their record of 1:20.30 set last week with a time of 1:19.73.
Congratulations to all Relay Carnival record breakers!
In 1963, the League believed there was a need for something more than swim meets which recognized individual performance. NVSL President Don Stocking of Dominion Hills, Vice-President Raymond Stang of Woodley, and Meet Manager Bob Mangan of Vienna Woods were instrumental in organizing the first Relay Carnival which was hosted by Donaldson Run. There were no division relay carnivals and only one heat per event in 1963 based on seed times submitted by Team Reps to the League. Obviously, the event has grown considerably, and is now the premier team event of our season.
- In the Boys Mixed Age 200 Meter Freestyle Relay, Chesterbrook's team of Thomas Outlaw, Andrew Bernstein, Jaya Kambhampty and Chris Outlaw swam a 1:50.65, topping the record of 1:50.90 set by Chesterbrook in 2012.
- Overlee's 8 & Under Girls 100 Meter Medley Relay of Elysha York (BK), Lauren Hartel (BR), Audrey Hartel (FL) and Ashley Park (FR) recorded a time of 1:22.52, eclipsing the mark of 1:23.13 set by Overlee in 2012.
- The Tuckahoe 8 & Under Boys 100 Meter Medley Relay team consisting of Isaac Bell (BK), James David (BR), Emanuel Rouvelas (FL) and J.T. Ewing (FR) swam a 1:20.30, which bettered the mark of 1:22.80 established by Tuckahoe in 2012.
- Highlands Swim's 11-12 Boys 100 Meter Freestyle Relay team of Zach Tripodi, Ben Charles, Joshua Nammo and Diego Cruzado came in at a 54.56, edging the previous record of 54.58 held by Hunter Mill since 2004.
Congratulations to all of these record setting teams! And good luck to all of the relays at next week's All Star Relays at Lincolnia Park!
After capturing the swimming world's attention with her breakthrough showing at Nationals, Mount Vernon Park's Cassidy Bayer returned to her NVSL roots on June 29 and continued her assault on the record book. Swimming at home against Vienna Woods, 13 year old Cassidy recorded an amazing 28.34 in the 13-14 Girls 50 Meter Butterly, shattering the record of 28.70 set by Janet Hu of Mosby Woods in 2009. Cassidy now owns the meters butterfly records in the girls 9-10, 11-12 and 13-14 age groups! Cassidy's latest record has been posted with the other NVSL records which can be accessed by clicking the Records tab on this website.
The first week of the NVSL season began with a bang on June 22, with 3 League records falling. The following records are now official and have been posted in the Records section of the website:
- Anthony Grimm of Fair Oaks swam a 15.02 in the 9-10 Boys 25 Meter Butterfly at Ravensworth, beating the previous record of 15.06 set by Chesterbrook's Joey Sullivan in 2006.
- In their meet at Chesterbrook, McLean's 15-18 Boys 200 Meter Medley Relay team of Stephen Seliskar, Andrew Seliskar, Christopher Murphy and Justin Nguyen registered a time of 1:50.26, eclipsing the previous mark of 1:50.62 set by Highland Swim in 2010.
- Chesterbrook's Mixed Age Boys 200 Meter Freestyle Relay team of Thomas Outlaw, Andrew Bernstein, Jaya Kambhampaty and Chris Outlaw blazed to a time of 1:51.77, bettering the previous record of 1:52.17 set by McLean in 2010.